The Amazing Brain Facts Pdf
As a Success coach and the author of the aclaimed 'Growth Mindset Secrets' book, instructing many on how to use our mindsets as they were meant to be used - as a powerful instrument to bend reality, enrich our life experience and maintain harmony. I thought it'll be fun to share a few fun facts about our brains from my retreat workshop 'amazing brain facts' pdf.
- Computer or video games may help improve cognitive abilities. Although, scientists are not sure what specific games help and how much help is being recieved.
- Alcohol effects your brain in ways that include blurred vision, slurred speaking, an unsteady walk, and more. If you drink often for long periods of time, there is evidence that alcohol can affect your brain permanently and not reverse once you become sober again.
- Eyewitness accounts of criminal suspects is usually only about 50 percent accurate because it is difficult for your brain to remember the details of someone you're not familiar with. Traumatic events can also affect the brains ability to remember details
- Approx 75% of the brain consists of water. Why is this significant, because dehydration can have less that beneficial effects on brain function.
- The Sperm Whale has the biggest brain of all animals. Weighing in at an enormous 20 pounds.
- Our human brain grow 3 times its size in the first year of existence and it stops growing around the age of 18 years old.
- Headaches are caused by a chemical reaction in your brain combined with the muscles and nerves of your neck and head.
- The brain of a human contains approximately one hundred billion neurons (nerves)
- It is a myth that humans only use 10 percent of our brain. We actually use all of it. We're even using more than 10 percent when we sleep.
- Fully formed adult brains weigh approx 3 pounds.
- Cholesterol is key to learning and memory. High cholesterol has different effects depending on your age and other factors.
- Information runs between neurons in your brain for everything we see, think, or do. These neurons move information at different speeds. The fastest speed for information to pass between neurons is about 250 mph.
- The human brain begins to lose some memory abilities as well as some cognitive skills by your late 20s.
- The human brain gets smaller as we get older. This usually happens sometime after middle age.
- During the mummification process, Egyptians would usually remove the brains through the nose.
- Your brain uses 20 percent of the oxygen and blood in your body.
- Dreams are believed to be a combination of imagination, phycological factors, and neurological factors. They prove that your brain is working even when you are sleeping.
- Phantom limb pain syndrome is when the central nervous system, which includes your brain, continues to feel the pain of a limb that has been amputated.
- The brain can't feel pain. It interprets pain signals sent to it, but it does not feel pain.
- A brain freeze is really a sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia. It chills the blood vessels and arteries in the very back of the throat, including the ones that take blood to your brain.
- Did you know there were findings of that successful brain surgeries took place in the Stone Age?.
Now these are a small sample taken from the amazing brain facts pdf.
There's a lot about the brain that doctors and scientists still don't completely understand. Just like the rest of your body, the brain needs a healthy diet, exercise, and the right amount of sleep to perform its best.
Now, try and reserve a spot on one of our powerful wellness retreats where you'll learn to use your mind in the way it was designed to be used. However, I hope you've enjoyed this article which was taken from the amazing brain facts pdf from our workshops.
To your Greatest version
Ultimate Life Mag - Creating quality content for readers that desire growth, development and wisdom. Leave a comment and socially share the love:)
To your greatest version
We love you:)