Strawberry Rhubarb Strudel, mmmm!,
Hey Ultimate lifers, another recipe from the healthy mummy vault
This dessert is healthy but you'd never had known
“Strawberries are a beautiful summer delight"...says every sane person.
Everybody loves strawberries!. Well, it's an extremely versatile ingredient and the charm of every kid. Here is a unique and healthy version of this fruit dessert. I know you'll love it.”
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
1 cup sliced fresh farm strawberries
1/2 a cup of finely sliced rhubarb
3 tsp of honey
2 tsp of whole wheat flour
3 tsp of grated coconut (preferably sweetened)
2 tsp of instant tapioca
¼ tsp of cinnamon power
¼ tsp of salt
6 sheets of phyllo dough (natural wheat)
5 tsp of walnut or olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spread the baking sheet on cooking spray.
2) Take a medium sized bowl and mix strawberries, rhubarb, cinnamon, 2 tsp of honey, flour, tapioca and salt.
3) Mix it well so that the juices soak in well.
4) Unroll the phyllo sheets on a clean and dry surface. Cover with a sheet of wax paper and then a damp kitchen towel.
This will prevent the open surface of the sheets from losing their luster.
5) Take another sheet and repeat the above step in such a way that you move from center to the edges. If you are not being able to connect them, use some oil. Repeat the steps.
6) Place the strawberry rhubarb onto it in such a way that you leave a 1.5 inch border from every side.
7) Fold the sheet and try to give it the shape of a cylinder. It should neither be too tight nor too loose.
8) Gently place the wrap on the baking tray. Allow it to heat for 20 minutes.
9) Sprinkle some sugar grains and grated coconut on it.
10) Cool it down before serving.
“The delicious strawberries are ready with a twist. So get ready and enjoy the cool delight with your friends and family.”
The Healthy Mummy
Ultimate Life Mag - Creating quality content for readers that desire growth, development and wisdom. Leave a comment and socially share the love:)
To your greatest version
We love you:)