Steps to Healthy Looking Skin! beauty tips and tricks that make a difference
Hi, and welcome to another ‘Beauty tips and tricks with THE beauty maven’.
Now, lifestyle, aging, and genetics play a huge role in the way our skin functions and appears. To name a few :
– Inadequate sun protection
– Poor skincare habits
– A diet high in sugar
… are common culprit’s responsible for unhealthy changes in our skin. The good news is that incorporating 5 simple steps into your daily skin care regime can reverse some of the damage caused to your skin and restore it back to a healthy functioning state again. When your skin functions healthy, you see the benefits in your complexion, often presenting a more confident YOU.
I have been extremely fortunate to have the pioneer in skin health; Dr. Zein Obagi, mentor me, which is where the 5 steps to healthy skin philosophy derived from. I often get asked all sorts of skin care related questions such as …
– How to prevent spots for oily skin?
– How to get even skin tone for black skin?
– How to get soft skin, what’s the best healthy skin care & beauty tips and tricks?
the list is endless!
These 5 steps to healthy skin philosophy have been the answer to many peoples skin concerns and work for a variety of skin related issues. I’m a strong believer in ‘practicing what you preach,’ so from my own experience, these 5 steps for radiant skin have been life-changing. Which is why it’s so important for me to share this philosophy with you.
So what exactly are these 5 steps to healthy skin?
- Cleanse – beauty tips and tricks 1
Cleansing twice a day removes impurities and dirt, which is vital for maintaining a beautiful complexion. Normal to oily skin types should opt for cleansers containing deep pore cleaning ingredients such as, salicylic acid. Normal to dry skin types should opt for cleansers containing hydrating ingredients such as Glycerin.
- Exfoliate – beauty tips and tricks 2
Exfoliating 2-3 times a week will slough off dead skin cells, which brightens the complexion, smoothes texture and evens skin tone. A skin tip for choosing an exfoliator is to research the microbeads used in the product. Gentle ultra-fine microbeads with smooth edges are kinder to the skin and minimize surface scratching.
- Control/ Balance – beauty tips and tricks 3
Twice daily, oily skin types need to use oil-controlling solutions to regulate sebum production, to minimize acne, spots, and oil. However, it’s important not to use harsh chemicals to strip the skin because you run the risk of stimulating your sebaceous glands, thus producing more breakouts!
Normal to dry skin types should opt for nourishing ingredients in their toners, which will balance the skins PH level, protect the skin’s barrier from environmental problems and prevent moisture loss.
- Treat – beauty tips and tricks – 4
If you suffer from specific skin concerns, it’s important to use the right skincare products to treat and prevent them from forming again. For example, if you have uneven skin tone due to hyperpigmentation, ingredients found in skincare such as alpha arbutin or vitamin c is great for evening out the skin complexion.
Besides, aging is a natural process we all have to go through. However, the good news is that we can slow down the rate at which our skin ages. Of course, genetic factors play a role, but collagen-boosting ingredients such as retinol/ or vitamin A is incredible for diminishing fine lines and wrinkles but also can delay new wrinkles from forming.
- Protect – beauty tips and tricks – 5
All skin types need protecting from the suns harmful UVA and UVB rays. While UVB rays are responsible for sunburns, UVA rays break down collagen in the skin, causing the skin to age prematurely and increases the likelihood of getting skin cancer! Opt for a broad-spectrum sunblock, protecting you from both UVA and UVB rays.
I have added a 6th step, which I feel is a vital lifestyle factor.
Having a healthy balanced diet, limiting alcohol use and exercising regularly are keys to having outer beauty. In summary, practicing these healthy beauty skin care tips and tricks at home will be the solution to many of your skin concerns, so now you can be on your way to a beautiful complexion.
To your beauty
THE beauty maven x
“You don’t need to have good genes or wear makeup to have flawless skin, all you need is good skincare and enough beauty sleep!”
- THE beauty maven (Alisha Myer), a former Harley Street Skin Care specialist. Qualified in advance skincare and laser treatments. NVQ level 3 Aesthetician and with over 8 years experience in beauty and aesthetics. Extensive training led her to become a Senior Aesthetic Practitioner working alongside aclaimed Doctors and Surgeons.Ultimate Life's Skin Care Expert
- Beauty3 days agoBumpy Beard Area? THE beauty maven’s tips and tricks
- Beauty1 week agoWant Healthy looking skin? – beauty tips and tricks with THE beauty maven
- Beauty1 week agoBeach Ready Skin Care – Beauty Tips and Tricks with ‘THE beauty maven’
- Beauty3 months agoNatural Remedies For An Uneven Skin – Skin Care at home