“Gourd is considered to be one of the healthiest and most easily digestible foods. It is generally a belief that not many people like its flavor but you can turn this into a myth. Here I have a way out. Easy, Quick and Utterly Yummy! So go ahead and try this out.“
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
250 gms gourd cut into 2 horizontally
1/2 tsp salt
6 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese (paneer)
1/4 cup finely shallots
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1/2 tsp dried mango powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp finely chopped (cashew nuts , sultanas , almonds)
1 tsp corn flour
salt to taste
1 small stick cinnamon
1) Peel the gourd neatly and then wash it. Place it in a pressure cooker.
2) Add 1 cup of water and salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle. The gourd now turns tender.
3) CAUTION: Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid else it can turn disastrous.
4) Scoop out the pulp carefully and discard it. Ensure that around 1 centimetre gourd is left from the edges.
5) Take a pan and add 2 tsp of olive oil and roast the skin of the gourd till it turns golden brown. Sprinkle a tinge of pepper on it.
6) Remove it from the flame and keep it aside. Allow it to cool.
For the gravy
1) Take another pan and add 2 tsp of olive oil.
2) Add ground cinnamon and cloves. Stir it for a minute.
3) Add the ginger garlic paste and shallots to it. Let it turn slightly golden brown. Further add chilly power, a tinge of sugar, tomato puree, green chilli paste, salt and coriander powder. Cook it for 5 minutes. You will get the aroma. Keep the flame on medium mode else you will burn the dish.
4) Add a cup of water to it and allow it to heat till a boil comes.
5) Now, cut the roasted gourd into 1.5 inch slices and place them on a dish.
For the stuffing
1) Take a pan and add a tsp of olive oil. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped shallots. Allow it to turn light brown.
2) When the mixture turns brown, add the cheese (paneer), salt, dried fruits, cinnamon powder and mango powder.
3) Now when the stuffing comes down to the room temperature, stuff the mixture into the sliced gourd.
4) Decorate it on a tray and spread the gravy on it.
5) Sprinkle the finely chopped coriander over it.
“The healthy yummy stuffed gourd is ready to be served. You will see the magic when the kids will finish off the dish without even guessing that it was their 'not so favorite' gourd foiled up in a delicious gravy. Stay Healthy and enjoy.”