“A boiled bowl of corn is the first choice when it comes to healthy food. But I have something more exciting for you. It is delicious and savory! Just wait and go through the recipe. I am sure it will be a delightful cooking experience. This is a really popular dish among the kids. Try!“
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
2 cups of corn
2 tsp of mustard seeds
2 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of finely chopped garlic
3 tsp of finely chopped ginger
A pinch of salt (as per your taste)
A pinch of pepper (as per your taste)
2 chopped chillies
2 tsp lemon juice
2 finely chopped shallots
a bunch of cilantro
a bunch of thyme
¼ cup of grated coconut
1 finely diced tomatoes
1) Take a food processor and grate the corn. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
2) Take a pan and add 2 tsp of olive oil. Add 2 tsp of mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
3) Add garlic and ginger. Allow it to turn light brown.
4) Add shallots and allow it to turn pinkish brown. Add chillies and thyme.
5) Now add grated corn and cook it for 7-8 minutes.
6) Add the diced tomatoes and cook it for another 5 minutes.
(Caution: Stir it continuously to avoid over cooking)
7) Grease a tray and firmly pat the mixture on the tray.
8) Sprinkle the grated coconut and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
9) Cut it neatly into squares.
“The corn cakes are ready to be served. I am sure you will try the dish in your kitchen more than once. Stay healthy and stay happy. Enjoy!