“One dish that your stomach would be ever gracious to accept is a delicious Pizza! Pizza is one of the most popular dishes around the world. Yet when it comes to the nutritional value, it attains a very low rank. Here I present a delicious yet healthy alternative for the pizza crust, which is very different from the conventional one. Please go through the recipe and enjoy the experience of baking.”
PREPARATION TIME: 6-7 minutes
BAKING TIME: 30 minutes
650 grams of cauliflower, chopped and sliced
½ cup of parmesan
1 egg whisked properly
1/3 cup of green olives, washed and halved
A pinch of salt (according to taste)
A pinch of pepper (as per your taste)
1 finely chopped shallot
1/3 cup(60 grams) of passata
1) Put the chopped cauliflower into the food processor and blend it till it turns into a fine paste.
2) Put the paste into a muslin cloth bag and strain it properly.
3) Ensure that the amount of liquid is minimal.
4) Take a bowl and microwave the paste for 10 minutes.
5) Further add an egg and half a cup of parmesan.
6) Mix the batter well and add a pinch of salt to it.
7) Preheat the oven at 210C and firmly spread the batter on to a 25cm round baking tray.
8) Put it into the oven for baking for 18-20 minutes, till the crust turns slightly brown.
9) Spread passata, olives, parmesan, shallots and thyme over it.
10) Sprinkle a pinch of pepper.
11) Bake it for 5-7 minutes. The toppings will turn golden brown.
“The cauliflower pizza is ready to serve. You have finally cracked the secret behind a healthy and easily digestible pizza. Go ahead and invite your guests tonight. Enjoy.”