“Soups are considered to be the best appetizers. They not only soothe the inner walls of the digestive system but are also considered as one of the most amazing treats for the diet conscious people. Thus a rich and healthy soup must be a part of your daily meals.”
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
600 ml of vegetable stock
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
a pinch of salt (as per taste)
a pinch of pepper (as per taste)
5 tsp of yogurt
300 ml orange juice
2 tsp orange zest
3 finely chopped carrots
75 grams red lentils
a pinch of paprika
some finely chopped cilantro (for garnish)
some finely chopped thyme(for garnish)
1) Crush the coriander and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar.
2) Take a pan and dry fry them until they turn brown.
3) Add chopped shallots, carrots, yogurt, lentils, salt and pepper and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
4) Add vegetable stock to it and allow it to boil.
5) Further add orange juice and lemon juice to it.
6) Cook it for a couple of minutes and then allow it to cool.
7) Then pour the mixture into a food processor and blend it.
8) Do the seasoning as per your taste.
9) Pour it into bowls and garnish it with chopped cilantro and chopped thyme.
10) Sprinkle some paprika and swirl a coat of yogurt.
“The hot and appetizing soup is ready to serve. Enjoy it with your friends and family. Stay fit, stay happy!”
(Caution: Do not use yogurt if you are allergic to it.)