“Tomatoes, in their raw form, are exceptionally effective skin glowing agents. They help to purify blood and rejuvenate the skin cells. Moreover, this recipe contains a lot of mint and parley which ensures a great digestive system. All in all, here is a simple, healthy and easy recipe. I hope you’ll experiment with it soon.”
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
8 large fresh red tomatoes
1tsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups of long grained brown rice
2 tsp washed and finely chopped parsley
2 tsp washed and finely chopped mint
4 tsp olive oil
50 grams of currents
4 shallots finely chopped
½ tsp ground cinnamon
75 grams of reduced fat feta (crumbled)
1 bunch rocket
1 tsp chopped garlic
salt (according to taste)
pepper (according to taste)
1) Preheat the oven at 180 C. Line the baking paper on the baking tray.
2) Wash the tomatoes properly and carefully slice the upper lid off the tomatoes. Save the lid for the further steps.
3) Scoop out the flesh of the tomatoes carefully such that 1 cm space is left from the edges and reserve it.
4) Strain the juice from the flesh and reserve it.
5) Take a pan and heat it to a moderate temperature. Add 2 tsp of olive oil. Add garlic and shallots to it.
6) Stir it till it turns golden brown.
7) Add brown rice, cinnamon, tomato juice, salt, pepper, mint, parley, currents, feta and vinegar. Mix it well. Turn off the flame.
8) Allow the mixture to cool down for 5 minutes and then fill it into the scooped tomatoes. Sprinkle some olive oil.
9) Bake the tomatoes without the lid for 10 minutes.
10) Cover it with the lids once they are done and bake it again for 5 minutes.
“The healthy juicy tomatoes are ready to be served. Go ahead and grasp it. ”